Open Position: 8950 - Accountant -
Apply For This Job Now
TS/SCI with Poly
Based upon experience
Senior - 6 or more years of exp
o Monitor and analyze general ledgers to ensure accuracy
o Conduct extensive research in various financial systems and databases to complete
o Review budgets and compare to data with actuals
o Calculate travel and other expenses
o Prepare vouchers
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work independently and prioritize
• Experience conducting audits (including all phases)
• Experience analyzing and researching financial data
Experience: Total of at least 8 years of relevant experience required. Experience shall include at least 3 years working at the Accountant - Senior level or equivalent experience.
Education: Bachelor’s in Accounting.
Special Certifications: CPA required.
Manager I level accounting work includes being the lead expert and contractor supervisor in the preparation, analysis and reconciliation of financial statements and information, tax returns, general ledgers, etc. Individuals may assist the financial manager of a working capital fund.
1. Provides financial strategic program guidelines and initiatives through the provision of effective/timely customer support.
- Ensures financial program data integrity and reporting accuracy.
- Recommends and maintains appropriate internal controls to minimize the risk of inaccurate data.
- Provides extensive technical financial advice, guidance, and instruction to program managers, staff and others on the full range of accounting processes, workflow, and directorate/office/unit priorities.
- Continuously reviews and assesses financial processes and procedures to identify and implement changes to gain efficiencies.
2. Manages the day-to-day accounting activities within area of assignment, ensuring financial compliance.
- Analyzes and reconciles General Ledger accounts to identify and resolve all complex discrepancies, interacting with customers in the resolution of complex problems or controversial issues.
- Analyzes financial data from various systems; creates reports for and provides briefings to senior managers and makes recommendations in support of the mission.
- Participates on various resource working groups and meetings, providing advice on financial policies and procedures..
3. May manage contractor staff.
- Assigns and monitors the contractor workload in the area of assignment.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures data integrity by working to obtain favorable Office of the Inspector General (OIG) audit opinions, and, ultimately, auditable Financial Statements.
- Performs the analysis and testing of systems that interface with the accounting system to ensure the integrity of accounting data.
- Participates in the preparation and review of financial statements that support the Agency, Working Capital Fund businesses.
- Participates in the analysis of WCF financial statements and other financial data submitted by Business Enterprises, offers guidance on issues and corrective actions.
- Briefs and/or provides supporting documentation to senior management in response to questions from Agency management and/or external reviewers (i.e., OMB and Congress).
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Extensive knowledge of Federal appropriation law and ability to obtain extensive knowledge of Agency regulations, concepts, methods and standards impacting financial activities
- Extensive knowledge of customer mission requirements sufficient to anticipate required financial support
- Considerable knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data.
- Ability to apply analytic and diagnostic techniques and qualitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend to managers appropriate financial solutions to resolve interrelated financial problems and issues.
- Ability to interact with senior Directorate//Office managers in order to contribute to and influence decision-making.
- Ability to prepare and deliver comprehensive briefings to senior Directorate and/or corporate Finance managers on Finance topics.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, and/or manage and develop contractor staff. .
- Ability to manage competing contractor priorities and work requirements by continuously evaluating the needs of the organization’s mission against on-going work; and planning/scheduling own and unit’s work
- Strong written communication skills to compose and deliver highly technical responses to senior management and customers’ inquiries and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
Received: Works independently; receives broad lateral guidance and tasking from senior managers within area of assignment.
Given: May be responsible for the direct supervision of assigned contractor personnel.